What is the SEND Information Report
St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School’s SEND information report sets out what we provide for children with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) throughout their time as a pupil at our school. It explains how we support them on to the next stage of their education. Included with our SEND Information Report is our SEND policy which gives more details about our day to day procedures.
You will find an explanation about the words with an asterisk* in our Glossary.
Worcestershire Local Authority* also publishes on its website a Worcestershire Local Offer http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/sendlocaloffer - setting out a wide range of information about the specialist services, schools, colleges and organisations that can provide support and information for families of children and young people with SEND. It explains the procedures for requesting an assessment for an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP)*. You will also find information about:
- Where to go for advice and guidance on SEN and Disability matters.
- Leisure activities for children with SEND.
- Arrangements for resolving disagreements and mediation*.
The purpose of the SEND Information Report
The purpose of the SEND Information Report is to inform parents and carers about:
- How we welcome into our school children with special educational needs and/or disabilities.
- How we support them on all aspects of school life and remove barriers to achievement.
- How we work in close partnership with parents/carers and children.
- How we make effective provision for all our children with special educational needs and disabilities.
We keep our SEND Information Report under review by asking parents and children what is working well and what they want to improve.