Hello, we are the sports crew and we meet every Friday to work with Mr Turner and the children at St. Joseph’s on P.E. activities.
Our Main Aims
1. Give the children in school more opportunity to participate in sports
2. Teach all children how to show good sportsmanship
3. Help adults during P.E lessons
4. Plan special events for the school (for example sports day and skipping day)
5. Teach children to respect equipment
What have we done this year?
Sports crew have done many different types of sport in almost every class throughout 2022-23, and it has been lots of fun!
In Year 1, we worked on throwing using beanbags to practise our aim. We also worked with Year 2 and we taught them how to play hockey and basketball. We have arranged lots of special sports days for the school with the teachers and some of us went to Blessed Edward’s to get extra training from the teachers there!